Dear Friends of the Augustinians,
Thank you for your friendship and support! We continue to make progress in all areas of our Province, and much of this success is to you!
In this report, you will see many of the significant events of the past fiscal year (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016). The following are a few summarizing points I'd like to make.
- There are nearly four dozen men in Augustinian formation across the United States and Canada! This is at least our fifth year of continuous growth in attracting more men to the Augustinian way of life! This also means that we have spent more money caring for their education and housing.
- We are keeping our commitment to our retired friars by providing for 24 of them in full retirement and 13 in semi-retirement.
- Our missions in Peru are growing closer each year to becoming their own independent Augustinian province. This past year, 22 men began their novitiate in Lima, three Augustinian vicariates of Peru entered into a federation, and we are making incremental progress on constructing our first high school.
- We reached our $3.5 million capital campaign goal in April 2016; overall, donors contributed 29% more than the previous year!
- Though we did need to request draw downs from the Journey of a Lifetime Trust and the Good Counsel Trust, we were able to replenish most of these funds through gifts contributed to the Continuing Our Journey of Faith campaign.
If you would prefer a printed version of this year's report, please email the Augustinian Advancement Office or call them at 773-595-4008.
May God bless you! Please know of our prayers for you and please pray that we continue to make progress and for more vocations to our way of life!
Sincerely in Christ and St. Augustine,
Very Rev. Bernard C. Scianna, O.S.A., Ph.D.
Prior Provincial of the Midwest Augustinians
P.S. - We need your support as we strive to be as transparent and responsible with the gifts you share so generously with us! If you have any questions regarding these reports, please email the Augustinian Advancement Office or call 773-595-4008.